Re: how to install octave-Forge on linux mint?

From: Doug Stewart
Subject: Re: how to install octave-Forge on linux mint?
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2012 09:15:31 -0400

On Sat, Apr 7, 2012 at 8:22 AM, Robert H <address@hidden> wrote:

>You misunderstood my comment.
>When you installed Debian on your PC did you install ALL packages in the distribution?
>If you did not, why would you want to do that with Octave?

I downloaded linux mint, the ISO image, installed it. I have no idea what is in it. I installed the whole ISO image, what ever linux mint comes with, it installed. New disk, new OS.

After I installed linux, I then installed octave using apt.

What was meant was:
   When you installed mint you didn't get all the add-ons that you can now install in mint, and likewise when you install octave it doesn't install all the add-ons that can be added to octave. You should only install the pkgs that you need. What area of math are you interested in?

Doug