Re: "optim needs miscellaneous >= 1.0.10" problem

From: Sergei Steshenko
Subject: Re: "optim needs miscellaneous >= 1.0.10" problem
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2012 14:02:46 -0700 (PDT)

----- Original Message -----

I like your answer. I think Mathworks sales and marketing folks will like it
even more - an excellent bullet why customers should _not_use Octave.

Because they will spend their valuable time figuring out which package versions
are (in)compatible with which Octave versions.

Well, it took me several years to convince Octave developers to use bug
tracking system instead of just a mailing list.

I'm wondering hoe many years it will take to convince that Octave and packages
should be released in conjunction with each other.

Regards,
  Sergei.