Re: ftp mget error

From: grigorym
Subject: Re: ftp mget error
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 21:28:56 -0700 (PDT)

> Did you try to set the connection to text

Tried, it did not help.

> Otherwise a workaround: use the function "system" to call ftp or wget from
> the OS

That would perhaps work (only there's no wget under win xp).

> Where did you get this function? It's not an Octave or Octave-Forge
> function.

I did not install anything "third-partied", I thought 'ftp'-object is either
a part of Octave itself, or Octave forge, since the files are located in
C:address@hidden

> Use urlread/urlwrite instead

Function urlwrite does work, though requires username and pass to be
incorporated in url. Thanks for the advice. But what of a mget?

> Have you tried dir(fp) to make sure you can get a file listing from the
> server?
> Does dir(fp) show your sample.txt file in the remote location after you
> mput it?
> Can you mget other files from the ftp server?  Or a different ftp server?

>> fp
FTP Object
 host: [cut]
 user: ccs
  dir: /gpfs/ccs/greg/test
 mode: ascii

>> dir(fp)
-rw-r--r--    1 201      201             6 Mar 13 10:18 sample.txt

>> mget(fp, "sample.txt")
error: __ftp_mget__: file not found
error: called from:
error:   C:\Octave\OCTAVE~1.2\share\

So, the file is there, the listing works fine, but no file i've tried is
downloaded (not only mine, and not only the one i've mput-ed). Switching to
another server does not change anything, that readme fails as well.

Very puzzled.