Re: LSODE Question - External Inputs?

From: damian.harty
Subject: Re: LSODE Question - External Inputs?
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 09:26:11 -0800 (PST)

For real systems a polynomial approach as implemented in nloscillator isn't
always helpful - I'm aiming for a fully general piecewise numerical
implementation. I've done it very successfully in both Excel and Simulink to
guide the Mini Countryman World Rally Car suspension development with Öhlins
Racing and I'm trying to reproduce it in Octave in order to do even better
in future. I love the Jacobian approach generally, it's great for a large
number of things - but it's not what I'm trying to do, and in order to be
able to debug things I need to be able to access the intermediate
calculations.

Hence I'm looking to be able to interrogate some kind of intermediate
variable as well as the state vector on exit.

Rather than coding something new, I'm pretty sure I could do it with the
existing Octave functionality if I could just get past the syntax issues I'm
having with passing an intermediate variable back out. I'm convinced Olaf
has understood what I'm trying to do and has given me the answer, but I'm
equally convinced I haven't understood it yet...

Damian

-----
Senior Research Fellow - Vehicle & System Dynamics
Coventry University
United Kingdom