Re: Disable warnings

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Disable warnings
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 07:56:48 -0500

On 24 February 2012 04:20, ahowe42 <address@hidden> wrote:
> I can't look in the source code of inv() because it's compiled.

Come now, this isn't Matlab:

    octave:2> which inv
    `inv' is a function from the file
    /opt/dev-octave/lib/octave/3.6.0/oct/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/inv.oct

Aha, it's an oct-file. As explained here,

    http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/file/cbcaf5602469/etc/HACKING#l160

we are looking for src/DLD-functions/inv.cc. Which leads us to

http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/file/cbcaf5602469/src/DLD-FUNCTIONS/inv.cc#l218

and indeed, there is no warning ID to disable this warning.

> Octave 3.4.3 compiled from source

So not only do you have the source to inspect, you can *change* it. In
the location showed above. Give it some warning id that you want. Yay,
free software.

You can even submit your change as a patch, and it will be part of a
future Octave release. I do think it would be useful to have a warning
for this id.

Note that you can also just disable all warnings if you want with
warning("off", "all").

HTH,
- Jordi G. H.