Re: Why doesn't pause work in function? Why errors from plot?

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: Why doesn't pause work in function? Why errors from plot?
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 12:12:58 -0600

On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 11:38 AM, J Stasko <address@hidden> wrote:
> Sorry to be so obtrusive, but I need help!!!  Thanks!

John,

Since no-one can reproduce you error you would need to make more debugging.
What is "snaps"?
Do you run some other script that calculates "snaps"?

I noticed that you use "i" as an index, but it is also
a sqrt(-1). Though what you did is legal, it can introduce a
hard to debug error, so it is a bad style. I recommend
using "ii" (or "jj" as index variables.
Similarly you could have overriten some other built-ins.
One example:

octave:1> sqrt=3
sqrt =  3
octave:2> sqrt(4)
error: A(I): index out of bounds; value 4 out of bound 1

Do you still have problem if you change input data?

If you start a fresh octave session
and then do (what Ben did)
x=rand(31, 183)
plottrack(x)