Re: control pkg

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: control pkg
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 15:22:34 +0000

On 13 February 2012 15:12, Doug Stewart <address@hidden> wrote:
> 2012/2/13 Carnë Draug <address@hidden>

>> > How hard would it be to fix help so that it would work normaly for these
>> > functions?
>>
>> Fix? I don't think there's anything to fix.
>>
>> Imagine the situation where 2 classes have the same method. Which one
>> would help show? Such situation is not uncommon at all, specially with
>> display methods and overloading arithmetic operations. Just see on the
>> linear-algebra package the methods for the blksparse and kronprod
>> classes.
>>
>> http://octave.sourceforge.net/linear-algebra/overview.html
>>
>> Carnë
>

> I'm still confused
>
> help sparse        works

This shows you the sparse function from octave (it's a core function).

> address@hidden/sparse   does not work

Do you have the linear-algebra package installed?

> help c2d            does not work

Such function does not exist, there's is only one method named c2d
which belongs to the lti class.

> help @lti/c2d     works

As expected. Shows the help text of the method c2d of the class lti.

> and is there more than one c2d? where is it?

No, I don't think there is. But there could be.

Carnë