Re: Error about gnulib not found when cloning octave

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Error about gnulib not found when cloning octave
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2012 20:25:28 -0500

On 11 February 2012 16:17, ant <address@hidden> wrote:
> Got the following error about gnulib not found when trying to clone octave.
> I’m using Mercurial 2.0.2 for Windows and TortoiseHG 2.2.2
>
> % hg clone --verbose -- http://www.octave.org/hg/octave
> C:\Users\António\Downloads\octave
> real URL is http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave
> requesting all changes
> adding changesets
> adding manifests
> adding file changes
> added 14357 changesets with 93458 changes to 9174 files (+2 heads)
> updating to branch default
> resolving manifests
> getting .dir-locals.el
> getting .hgignore
> getting .hgsub
> getting .hgsubstate
> cloning subrepo gnulib from git://git.sv.gnu.org/gnulib
> abort: The system cannot find the file specified
> [command returned code 255 Sat Feb 11 21:01:17 2012]

This appears to be some sort of bug with thg.

Can you try without it? Run this command instead:

    hg clone http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/

Also, you will need a working git installation.

If you are merely curious to see what's going on in the development
branch, you can just browse the url above. It is a big exercise to
compile Octave on Windows, because of its many dependencies. Tatsuro
has already compiled many of them, thankfully.

- Jordi G. H.