Re: Data Acquisition with Octave

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: Re: Data Acquisition with Octave
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 18:15:37 +0100

>From GPLv3 Section 5

"A compilation of a covered work with other separate and independent
works, which are not by their nature extensions of the covered work,
and which are not combined with it such as to form a larger program,
in or on a volume of a storage or distribution medium, is called an
“aggregate” if the compilation and its resulting copyright are not
used to limit the access or legal rights of the compilation's users
beyond what the individual works permit. Inclusion of a covered work
in an aggregate does not cause this License to apply to the other
parts of the aggregate."

By using the non-free drivers are we making a combination such that
they form a larger program?