Re: Using eye as in [A eye (2)]

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: Re: Using eye as in [A eye (2)]
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2012 21:09:58 +0100

On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 6:34 PM, Przemek Klosowski
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On 02/04/2012 07:38 PM, Ben Abbott wrote:
>
>> I like the space between functions and (). It helps document what are
>> intended to be functions and what are variables. You could do
>> something like [A, (eye (2))].
>

> I agree with your reasons, but I like to write it as  eye( 2 ) .
> The parenthesis signals the function call, and spaces delimit arguments.

Hi Przemek,

If you have long terms plans of collaborating with Octave you better
follow the coding style that devs are using (devs: please correct me
if I am wrong). In this way you/we will not have to edit your code if
you want to contribute.

Rule: Always put a blank between the function name and the opening
parenthesis, except inside arrays (as is your case). For that
exception you can follow Ben's suggestion or just omit the space

--
M. Sc. Juan Pablo Carbajal
-----