Re: Standalone octave on USB stick

From: Thomas D. Dean
Subject: Re: Standalone octave on USB stick
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 12:36:55 -0800

On 01/27/12 12:17, spasmous wrote:
Hi all,

I would like to carry octave around with me on a USB stick. I've
compiled octave 3.05 (on Suse 11.4) and it runs fine on that machine.
The problem I am having is how to copy it over to a USB stick. I
copied the entire build directory and launch with ./run-octave.

I type ldd octave to see the dependencies and copy all the .so files
into a directory on the USB stick "lib" inside the build directory
then add this to LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

However when I try to ./run-octave from the USB stick on a new
machine, it doesn't work. It looks like maybe octave is looking for
the .so files using absolute paths for the original machine rather
than in my "lib" directory.

On the new machine, you need to use ldconfig to locate yhour <mount>/lib directory.

Look at ldconfig and its config files.

Tom Dean