RE: Who uses Octave?

From: Allen.Windhorn
Subject: RE: Who uses Octave?
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 15:47:43 -0600

I use Octave for modeling electric machines and other
electromechanical systems in a commercial engineering
environment.  I also have a copy of Matlab, but it's just
easier to bring up Octave for most things, and I can then
distribute the resulting code.  If I could get a package
similar to Simpower Systems for Octave I would give up my
Matlab license (yes, I could write one, but haven't had
time yet).

Regards,
Allen