issues using print on fltk/gnuplot

From: Walter White
Subject: issues using print on fltk/gnuplot
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2012 09:23:54 +0100

Hello,

I came across some issues while using fltk on Octave MinGW 3.4.3.

1.)
Sometimes (randomly) figures are just not printed as png.
I could not figure out how, since the conditions are always the same.
My first suspicion was file name length, but some of the images are
printed, some not, all having the same file name length.
Neither is the hard disk full and there are no error messages.

My command is
print(print_filename, '-dpng','-FHelvetica:8','-S1024,768')

I flipped the graphics toolkit to gnuplot and so far everything
works fine there. But I am not sure if this is related to the
toolkit since the problem occurs randomly...

Do you know what might cause this problem?

2.)
gnuplot and fltk are not using the correct plot size given by the command

print(print_filename, '-dpng','-FHelvetica:8','-S1024,768'

All files are 1023x767, 1 px less on each side...

3.)
Some of the plots, though given -S1024,768, are in a completly
different format (1333x917). I have no idea why...

Has someone of you ever come across similar issues?

Kind regards,
Walter