RE: Color By Frequency

From: William Krekeler
Subject: RE: Color By Frequency
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 15:47:14 +0000

-----Original Message-----
From: address@hidden [mailto:address@hidden On Behalf Of Carnë Draug
Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 12:12 PM
To: William Krekeler
Cc: Mech.Mon; address@hidden

On 28 December 2011 14:03, William Krekeler
<address@hidden> wrote:

> See attached. You'll have to convert the frequency to wavelength in nm. The
> function returns an RGB value set for a given wavelength in nm. Note, I
> didn't write the original algorithm, I just recoded it to work with
> Matlab/Octave. The source is linked in the notes. As an FYI the example in
> the code was written in matlab, I noticed it plots very slowly in octave (at
> least on windows).
>
> William Krekeler

Hi William

this function does not have a license. Could you please specify one?
That way we could add to one of the packages.

Carnë

Carnë,

I guess GPLv3 but legally I'm not sure I can prescribe a license. I didn't
write the algorithm. I only adapted it to matlab/octave code structure. If you
follow the source link listed in the header backwards I think the algorithm
actually belongs to Dan Bruton of http://www.midnightkite.com/color.html. The
original contact information listed is: Dan Bruton (address@hidden) but the
higher level link now lists (address@hidden). I will contact him separately and
cc you on the email.