Re: help_install octave

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: help_install octave
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 05:57:54 +0900 (JST)

Hello

The version of octave from the Ubuntu software center is 3.2.4 on Ubuntu 11.10.
If  you want to install, octave-3.4.3. You have build it by yourself.

Use the synapatic package manager to install dependency development kits and
execute usual way build from source.

For build from source, you can find,
http://www.octave.org/wiki/index.php?title=Build_from_source

For me a half day work around make it possible to build.

Good luck

Tatsuro