Re: installation error optim-1.0.17

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: installation error optim-1.0.17
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2011 11:04:46 -0500

On 28 December 2011 10:56, indium <address@hidden> wrote:
> Does someone understand the following error? Does someone have a solution?
>
> thanks!
>
> octave:1> pkg install "optim-1.0.17.tar.gz"
> g++: error: %OCTAVE_CONF_MKOCTFILE_OCT_LINK_DEPS%: No such file or directory

I think you're using a version of Octave that has a broken
makeoctfile. As I recall, this particular error only existed in an
unreleased development version of Octave and was quickly corrected
soon after. I would recommend updating your Octave version to 3.4.3 if
possible. What OS are you using?

- Jordi G. H.