help

From: yashar mehmani
Subject: help
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2011 14:06:02 -0600

Hi,
I've written a code in matlab in parallel, using the "parfor" feature only. Since I have to deploy my matlab program onto a Linux cluster I ws browsing the web and Octave seemed to be a nice alternative (since the University has the Matlab licenses not me). Therefor I was curious if "parfor" works the same exact way it does in matlab?
I've also used a few other features and function in my code that I'd appreciate the same response about:
Packages (+foldername), persistent variables, assignin (function), accumarray (function), addpath (rmpath), etc.

By the way I've already read a full-fledged documents online on this issue and got a bit frustrated (especially about the parallel PARFOR loop part).
Thanks so much,
Yashar

--
Yashar Mehmani
Dept. of Petroleum & Geosystems Engineering