Re: Question about conv

From: Walter White
Subject: Re: Question about conv
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 13:29:12 +0100

Thanks for your responses. I downloaded both versions and they work
with 3.2.4, too.

But now there is another problem:
I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I tried to get familiar with the
conv-function
by smoothing a randomized scatter added to a sine.

But the result is not what I expected. Can you please have a look at my
code and tell me what I am doing wrong?

----------
sigma = 0.1;
center = 0;
x = -10:0.1:10
convolution_kernel = 1/(sigma * sqrt(2*pi) ) * exp(-0.5 * (x -
center).^2 /(sigma^2));
plot(x,convolution_kernel)

hold on

random_scatter = sin(x)+ (0.5*rand(size(x)))

plot (x,random_scatter,'r-')

conv_random_scatter =
conv_recent_release(random_scatter,convolution_kernel,"same")

plot (conv_random_scatter,'g-')
axis([-20,20]);

Kind regards,
Walter