HELP FOR A FUNCTION

From: CARMEN SANCHEZ
Subject: HELP FOR A FUNCTION
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 09:56:06 +0100

Good morning:
I want to built and calculate the integrate of this function y=x*sin(x) with the command quadv, but always I have the same type of error:

1 clear all;

2 x=linspace(0,3*pi,100);

3 function y=f(x)
4        y=(x).*sin(x);
5 endfunction
6 title('Representacion Funcion y=x*sen(x)');
7 q=quadv('f',0,3*pi);
8 plot(x,y,'r*')

and always the same:

>>> cd 'C:/Octave/3.2.4_gcc-4.4.0/bin/funciones'

source ("pruebasimp.m")

>>>error: `y' undefined near line 8 column 8

error: evaluating argument list element number 2

error: evaluating argument list element number 1

error: called from:

error: pruebasimp.m at line 8, column 1

May you help me?

Thanks a lot, I am waiting for your answer,

Best eregards,

Javier Marco (from Spain)