Re: Octave's EDITOR variable

From: Taza
Subject: Re: Octave's EDITOR variable
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2011 23:24:09 -0800 (PST)

Hi

thanks, i was able to call the editor using edit function as EDITOR(vim),
and then i tried to compile the following code and when i get errors, i
would type edit AssetPathstwo and go back to the code script and make the
neccessary corrections.
however till when i got the last error as S undefined, so i tried to have S
equated to an equation below:

 S = S = S0*[ones(1,nruns)
cumprod(exp(nu*dt+sig*sqrt(dt)*randn(etime,nruns)),1)];

and the moment i added this line in my code script, it gave me a parse error
near line 18 of file /home/user/AssetPathstwo.m

when i try to edit AssetPathstwo.m, i cant even access the code script to
start editing it for corrections. this part is confusing. they could be
something missing, whats the problem with my script?
http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/n4179520/Part_1.jpg

then this is the parse error after adding the new line code
http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/n4179520/Parse_Error_in_part_1.jpg