Re: Image analysis

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: Image analysis
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2011 11:41:54 +0000

On 6 December 2011 09:42, Preeti Gaikwad <address@hidden> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
>              Could you please let me know, if possible, to do image analysis
> using octave. I have an image contains random sized pore diameter
> distribution. starting from 1 micron to 60 or 70 um. I would like to measure
> those size distribution. Is it possible using octave. can I get some
> literature about the same. thanks a lot in advance.

That's not trying to learn octave, it's trying to learn image
processing. If you already have an algorithm to solve your problem, we
can help in writing it in octave.

Since I haven't seen your images yet, a guess would be that you'll
need to threshold your images (you may need some processing before,
maybe a gaussian filter) and then obtain the mask for the individual
objects (pores), and check their sizes.

You'll probably need the image package from octave-forge.

Carnë