Numerical Differentiation and Integration of Array Data

From: syberraith
Subject: Numerical Differentiation and Integration of Array Data
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2011 23:34:52 -0800 (PST)

I have some functions for mechanical modeling.

1) I would like to generate a data set of a number of (x,y) pairs.

2) Next, numerically differentiate the pairs and fill another y column in
the array.

3) Then finally, numerically integrate the second y column over the total
number of rows in the array.

I've played with octave a little bit and have been able to get quad to work
and have written a few basic scripts, although I'm clueless about
differentiating and integrating from array data.

Fred