Re: Setting image viewer in Ovtave 3.4.2

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: Setting image viewer in Ovtave 3.4.2
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 23:00:33 +0200

ons, 19 10 2011 kl. 14:52 +0200, skrev Michael Herrmann:
> the ‚image_viewer‘ command was removed in version 3.4.
>

> How do I set another tool than ‘gnuplot’ for displaying images in the
> new version?
>
> I haven’t found nothing about it in the web…

This functionality was removed as it turned out to be a nightmare once
we supported plotting on top of images. So, if you really want to use
another image viewer (have you tried the FLTK backend?), I guess you
have to write your own function for doing that. Something like the
following might work:

function my_imshow (im)
  imwrite (im, "myfile.png");
  system ("eog myfile.png &");
endfunction

(untested code, so don't expect it to work out of the box)

Søren