Re: problem in using spline

From: preeti gaikwad
Subject: Re: problem in using spline
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 17:13:49 +0200

ok Got it...thanks for help

On 18 October 2011 16:56, preeti gaikwad <address@hidden> wrote:
yes thanks a lot this was the problem.......could u please let me know if I have
two vector y1 and y2 and suppose y1 is from 1:1:10 and y2 is 11:1:20 and i want to save them in one column like 1:1:20
How I can???

i am suing this code but it is then giving me two column data which I dont want.....

y1=y(Ib-20:Ib-10);

y2=y(Ib+10:Ib+20);

yy=[y1, y2];

On 18 October 2011 16:40, Juan Pablo Carbajal <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 3:21 PM, preeti gaikwad <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
>           I have a problem in using spline....particularly I want to
> generate new y value at same x using such code
>
> Y1=y(Ib-23:1:Ib+23,:);
>
> X=t(:,Ib-23:1:Ib+23);
>
> XX=t(:,Ib-10:1:Ib+10);
>
> %YY=y(Ib-3:1:Ib+7,:);
>
> yy1=spline(X, Y1, XX);
>
>  here i am getting same Y1 not the new yy1 could u please let me know what
> is the problem? thanks in advance

Hi,

spline doesn't handle matrices as interp1, are you sure this is not the problem.
If you just want spline interpolation you can use
interp1 (x,y,xx,'spline')

--
M. Sc. Juan Pablo Carbajal
-----