Re: change position of x-axis

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: Re: change position of x-axis
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 16:16:30 +0200

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 2:44 PM, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:

On Oct 11, 2011, at 8:29 AM, Vlăduţ Frăţiman wrote:

Thanks!

I already try'it that but seem to be an bug. My plot show an intrerupted line and old axis don't disspear.
I use octave 3.2.1 on Ubuntu 11.04. Plots are rendered with gnuplot.
I put an image as attachament to see what i mean.

<graf.png>

It works correctly for me. Perhaps we're doing something else differently that it producing a different result?

The following works for me.

close all
clear all
x = 0:0.1:10;
y = sin(x)./(1+x) + x*0.1 - .4;
plot (x, y);

set (gca, "xaxislocation", "zero")
print test.png
preview test.png

Does this work for you?

Ben

Ben,
please add the line

set (gca, "box", "off")

to see the remainding of the axis. This problem is even in the plot "polar" when the box is switched off.

--
M. Sc. Juan Pablo Carbajal
-----