Re: octave workshop

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: octave workshop
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 10:01:25 -0500

On 4 October 2011 09:17, Roy Menachem <address@hidden> wrote:
> I have installed the octave workshop,

Unfortunately, Octave Workshop is ancient, incomplete, buggy,
abandoned, and unmaintained. I'm amazed you can still find a place to
download it.

We are working on a new GUI for Octave. In the meantime, if a terminal
really scares you too much, you can wrap the terminal with icons and
menus with QtOctave (which is also abandoned, but less ancient).

My own recommendation is to get a decent text editor (e.g. Notepad++)
and you read the Octave manual here:

    http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/

While we are working on a GUI, reading the manual will be more helpful
to you right now than "File Edit Help" menus.

HTH,
- Jordi G. H.