Re: Installation problem

From: recif
Subject: Re: Installation problem
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2011 15:17:05 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, Oct 1, 2011 at 5:15 PM, Michael Goffioul [via Octave] <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Sat, Oct 1, 2011 at 12:56 AM, recif <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>  I just downloaded octave using hg. However on running autogen.sh, I get an
> error:
>
> gnulib/gnulib-tool: *** file /home/rc/octave/gnulib/lib/itold.c not found
> gnulib/gnulib-tool: *** Stop.
>
> Could you tell me what the problem is?

I think that's a problem that was introduced yesterday in gnulib sources,
and fixed today. Is it possible that you refreshed your gnulib version in
between? Anyway, refreshing your gnulib again should fix the problem.

Michael.

http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Installation-problem-tp3861670p3863786.html
To unsubscribe from Installation problem, click here.

I re-downloaded octave and no longer get that error with the present version.
However, I am using Intel ifort as the Fortran compiler and running configure gives me:

configure: error: A BLAS library was detected but found incompatible with your Fortran 77 compiler settings.

I tried:
./configure --with-blas=/opt/intel/composer_xe_2011_sp1.6.233/mkl/lib/intel64/libmkl_core.so
as well as linking libmkl_intel_lp64.so and libmkl_blas95_lp64.a but get the same error.

I would appreciate any help in fixing the linking with the BLAS library.

RC