Re: sage and Octave

From: Sergei Steshenko
Subject: Re: sage and Octave
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 15:26:46 -0700 (PDT)

>________________________________

I implement symbolic calculations using 'maxima':
http://maxima.sourceforge.net/ .

The tool is able to read commands from stdin or from file, and its stdout can
be redirected to file, or it can be made to write to files.

This all makes the answer pretty obvious, doesn't it ? I.e. one can from
'octave' call 'maxima' using 'system'. Creating the needed 'maxima' script
before that.

'maxima' can write out data in various kinds of syntax. And identifiers can be
made to contain '[\, ']' - which is good for "C". But in any case simple search
and replace can do the trick, i.e. in 'maxima' one can use something like
some_matrix__OB__3__comma__4__CB__, and then do the replacements: __OB__ -> (,

Regards,
  Sergei.