Re: Aliasing of step response (3.4.2 MinGW, control-2.1.55)

From: Bernhard Weller
Subject: Re: Aliasing of step response (3.4.2 MinGW, control-2.1.55)
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 00:43:32 -0700 (PDT)

Lukas Reichlin-3 wrote:

> Hi Bernhard
>
> I confirm your suspicion, but I don't have a quick fix this time. The
> problem is caused by the function __sim_horizon__ at the end of the file
> __time_response__.m which calculates tfinal and dt. Do you know of a
> robust method to find an appropriate time step? I would be happy to add an
> improved version :-)
>
> Regards,
> Lukas

Hi Lukas,

I'm not aware of of a robust algorithm for the determination of the time
step. I'm sadly not an expert of control system theory, more like a
beginner. I just thought that I point it out, maybe it was unknown - or
someone else with more knowledge is able to fix it.

Thanks for confirming my thoughts.

Bernhard