Re: "warning: no graphical display found"?

From: Alasdair McAndrew
Subject: Re: "warning: no graphical display found"?
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2011 10:18:55 +1000

Yes, I'm running Octave from an xterm.  (Actually, gnome-terminal, but same thing).

-Alasdair

On Sat, Sep 3, 2011 at 12:33 AM, Marco atzeri <address@hidden> wrote:
On 9/2/2011 4:28 PM, Alasdair McAndrew wrote:
I've just downloaded and compiled Octave 3.4.2 (Ubuntu).  I have gnuplot
installed, so I can make plots, but the "plot" command returns "warning:
no graphical display found".  How do I overcome this - does Octave
require something which I neglected to compile in?

Thanks,
Alasdair

are you running X ?
are you starting octave within Xterm ?