Re: nonlinear equation help

From: Marco atzeri
Subject: Re: nonlinear equation help
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2011 12:31:26 +0200

On 9/2/2011 12:06 PM, fv2005 wrote:
Hi!
I'm new to octave and need little help with an equation to solve.
This is my equation system:

w5 - f*(wb+lx+rx) = 0;
fx*(lx+lb) - a = 0;
fx*(rx+rb) - b = 0;

Variables are lx, rx and fx and the rest are parameters with know values.

Can someone help me with an example of solving?
Usually the solution is easy with Mathematica, but I want to test and
Octave.
I try'it something, based on what i find to internet, but not work.
Thanks in advance!

looks documentation on

Nonlinear Equations
    Solvers

there is a simple example similar to your case