Installing packages

From: Matthew Brewster
Subject: Installing packages
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2011 21:04:26 -0400

Hello Octave Users,

I am having a lot of trouble trying to install the parallel package. I have looked on the website for installation instructions on how you are supposed to install the other packages but the aren't much help. Can somebody please give me some specific step by step instructions on how to install the packages like where to specifically where to save the files and how i need to set it up so it will work. Also, you might want to make a webpage that shows people exactly how to do install other packages and not just list the commands. By this I mean show people with screenshots or videos how to do this because it is frustrating for people who don't know exactly how the software works.

Thanks,
Matt B.