Re: inadequate/inconsisten 'help pkg' message; problems with downloading

From: Francesco Potortì
Subject: Re: inadequate/inconsisten 'help pkg' message; problems with downloading
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2011 01:29:35 +0200

Ben Abbott:
>> The version of pkg.m you are referencing is different than
>> that in the developer's souces (default branch).

Sergei Steshenko:
>This is none of my business. I work with _releases_. I do not chase
>moving targets which are called "developers sources".

Sergei, have you ever worked collaboratively before?  If you work
together with others, one of your aims is to make life easier for
everyone.  Finding bugs in software is something great.  Correcting them
is even greater.  But all of this is useless if your work does not help
people.

If you want to keep things for yourself, then why bother to tell on this
list?  So I suppose you want to help others to profit from your work.
That's good.  There are simple rules that heve been set up so that all
those who want to help others can make the minimum effort in obtaining
this result.  One of these rules is working with the latest sources.  If
you do not do that, someone else will have to do it, or else let your
work go unused.

Those people on whom you are charging work are being kind to you.  You
are not kind at all to them.  Writing "this is none of my business" is
not kind.

--
Francesco Potortì (ricercatore)        Voice:  +39.050.315.3058 (op.2111)
ISTI - Area della ricerca CNR          Mobile: +39.348.8283.107