Re: undeclared variable error

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: undeclared variable error
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 09:54:03 -0500

2011/7/21 David Doria <address@hidden>:

> I just tried to build octave against the latest Curl. It seems to
> get past the error I was seeing, but now I get:
>
> /home/ddoria/src/octave-3.4.2/doc/interpreter//matrix.texi:1429:
> Unknown command `leq'.
> /home/ddoria/src/octave-3.4.2/doc/interpreter//matrix.texi:1429: Misplaced {.
> /home/ddoria/src/octave-3.4.2/doc/interpreter//matrix.texi:1429: Misplaced }.
> makeinfo: Removing output file
> `/home/ddoria/src/octave-3.4.2/doc/interpreter/octave.info' due to
> errors; use --force to preserve.
>
> Any thoughts?

You're having trouble building the documentation. A simple workaround
is to not build it, disable it from the configure script. The problem
seems to be with your version of TeXinfo and/or TeX, so which ones do
you have installed? TeXinfo should recognise a less than or equal
sign.

Regarding the curl problem, I think we've seen it before, so we
probably do need an actual fix for it in case the curl API has changed
in recent versions. Can you please open a bug report about that as a
reminder to at least investigate that problem more thoroughly? Thanks.

HTH,
- Jordi G. H.