Re: undeclared variable error

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: undeclared variable error
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 11:12:45 -0500

2011/7/18 David Doria <address@hidden>:
> 2011/7/18 Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden>
>>
>> On 18 July 2011 11:07, David Doria <address@hidden> wrote:
>> > When compiling Octave, I am getting this error:
>> > /home/ddoria/src/octave-3.4.2/src/DLD-FUNCTIONS/urlwrite.cc:405: error:
>> > 'CURLOPT_DIRLISTONLY' was not declared in this scope
>>
>> What version of curl are you compiling against?

> I don't know which version of curl I have

The problem seems to hinge there. I believe I've seen you in Debian
mailing lists, so perhaps "apt-cache policy libcurl4-openssl-dev" will
tell us which one you've installed. I seem to be using 7.21.0.

>From reading the source in my version of curl, under
/usr/include/curl/curl.h,

     /* Backwards compatibility with older names */
     /* These are scheduled to disappear by 2011 */

     /* This was added in version 7.19.1 */
     #define CURLOPT_POST301 CURLOPT_POSTREDIR

     /* These are scheduled to disappear by 2009 */

     /* The following were added in 7.17.0 */
     #define CURLOPT_SSLKEYPASSWD CURLOPT_KEYPASSWD
     #define CURLOPT_FTPAPPEND CURLOPT_APPEND
     #define CURLOPT_FTPLISTONLY CURLOPT_DIRLISTONLY
     #define CURLOPT_FTP_SSL CURLOPT_USE_SSL

so it looks like all we need to do is change that symbol to
CURLOPT_FTPLISTONLY, because it got deprecated some time ago. Can you
confirm your curl version?

Thanks,
- Jordi G. H.