Re: editing in octave

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: editing in octave
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 11:23:26 -0500

On 15 July 2011 10:32, Chipmuenk <address@hidden> wrote:
> for Windows users there is as well Joaquim Varandas' GUIOctave
[snip]
> It is freeware,

This really is not enough for us. We tried contacting the author for
source, but he hasn't responded. Have you had better luck? Hopefully
our native GUI codename Quint currently in development will make
GUIOctave unnecessary, but I think we're still some time away from
that.

If the author still remains unresponsive to our requests for source, I
would prefer you do not advertise his work in this mailing list. I'm
not speaking from any authority here, just asking you to kindly not
endorse the proliferation of non-free software.

Thanks,
- Jordi G. H.