addpath, undefined functions

From: Summers, Peter
Subject: addpath, undefined functions
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 14:31:48 +0000

I've just installed Octave 3.2.4 on a Windows 7 machine, and tried to run a
couple matlab function files. I placed these in a \programs folder in the
Octave directory, then pointed to them using addpath(). Although the directory
shows up when I list Octave's path, I get an error when trying to call the
functions. For example, the line "h = coher(x,y,8)" generates the error
"'coher' undefined on line 8" ('coher' is one of the function files). Further,
I get the same error even when running Octave in the \programs folder. Octave
seems to be running fine otherwise -- eg, I can plot the series x &  y no
problem. The file opens fine in notepad++ as well.

There was a similar thread last month that referred to this bug:
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?33389. My problem is different in that I'm not
trying to access any network drives -- everything is local.

Thoughts welcome!
PS