Re: testing binaries octave-3.4.2 on MinGW are updated (Two bugs are fix

From: Philip Nienhuis
Subject: Re: testing binaries octave-3.4.2 on MinGW are updated (Two bugs are fixed).
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 08:57:32 +0200

Hi Tatsuro:

Tatsuro MATSUOKA wrote:
Hello

I have reported two bugs happened during building octave-3.2.4 and they are
corrected  by John W. Eaton.
     http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?33652
     http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?33669

Just a 1-minute look before I must rush to the office:
Things like
   help foo
look good now. Nice!

I have rebuild binaries and modified the below
  octave-3.2.4.zip

Shouldn't it be called "octave-3.4.2.zip" ?

The pdf file also has "3.2.4" in its filename.

  Readme_octave-3.4.2.txt

You wrote in octave-3.2.4.txt that you didn't yet test mkoctfile.
While instaling the java and windows packages (which went OK), mkoctfile is invoked. So I conclude that (AFAICS!) mkoctfile does work.

(The windows package has an issue with octave-3.4.2, but that is -hopefully- unrelated)

http://www.tatsuromatsuoka.com/octave/Eng/Win/

Can you tell us what files have been changed in the other (development) zips on your site? They may be need to be swapped as well when compiling packages (not the entire zips, just the files that changed).

I strongly appreciate John's fixed these bugs.

We all do....

Thank you Tatsuro, I'll try out the new files a.s.a.p.

I use the previous octave-3.4.2 you built a few days ago already for "production" (most of it related to I/O, data sorting and graphics, not much numerical). A few things need attention but I need to do more testing. The most pressing issue is concerned with a crashing fltk which takes all of octave down.

I'll report later (this weekend).

Philip