Re: Dicom files

From: Andy Buckle
Subject: Re: Dicom files
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2011 20:21:51 +0100

2011/6/23 Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden>
On 23 June 2011 10:18, Nathan C. Nelson
<address@hidden> wrote:
> I’m new to using Octave on the pc.

You mean Windows?

> Can I read dicom files into Octave?

There was this discussion a while ago. I'm not sure if it yielded
fruit or not. I'm CCing Andy who was working on it:

    http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/dicom-support-td2122699.html

> Also, besides a few sparse tutorials on the internet is there a book
> describing how to program in octave available?

What a happy coincidence, I was advertising such a thing just a few
minutes ago:

    http://www.packtpub.com/news/become-confident-octave-user-packt%E2%80%99s-latest-book

HTH,
- Jordi G. H.

I got stuck implementing dicomwrite. I need to make a push to release a version of the package without it. dicominfo and dicomread are working OK, though do not have all the features of the Matlab versions.

You can check on my progress here
http://wiki.octave.org/wiki.pl?CategoryDicom

and here (which will be harder to understand, but more up-to-date)
http://octave.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/octave/trunk/octave-forge/extra/dicom/
As you can see I have not done anything for 3 months. Hopefully I can find some time in the near future.

When the package is released, I will have a think about packaging the supporting library (GDCM) for MinGW builds of octave.

--
/* andy buckle */