Problems with mkoctfile in new Octave 3.4.1

From: José Luis García Pallero
Subject: Problems with mkoctfile in new Octave 3.4.1
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 20:58:02 +0200

Hello,
I've compiled the new 3.4.1 Octave version in my Debian GNU/Linux and
I have some problems with mkoctfile.

First of all, the new 3.4.1 installation puts in its bin/ folder
(/usr/local/bin in my installation) the scripts mkoctfile and
octave-config, but earlier versions as 3.4.0 puts the scripts
mkoctfile-3.4.0 and octave-config-3.4.0 and mkoctfile and
octave-config are symbolic links to it. octave-3.4.1 exists and octave
is a symbolic link to it. Is this new behavior a new issue or it is a
bug? For me causes troubles in some Octave Forge packages (as octcdf,
for example) that search mkoctfile-x.x.x scripts.

Other problem with mkoctfile is about some compiler flags. The new
3.4.1 mkoctfile says if I try to compile, for example mkoctfile -Wall
file.cc:

mkoctfile: unrecognized argument -Wall

I've compiled the new version in the same steps as 3.4.0

Thanks

José Luis García Pallero
address@hidden
(o<