fid=-1

From: Federica
Subject: fid=-1
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 00:51:40 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and above all I'm new to Octave....in this forum I
found some useful information on how Octave works but I'm having a lot of
problems in trying to create a script with Octave 3.2.4 on Windows and so I
decided to ask for your help. I'd like to solve a system of differential
equations whose coefficients must be taken from a txt or csv file. Each row
of the file gives the 8 coefficients needed by the the two equations. So I
was thinking that dlmread could be useful but a first problem appears. The
file cannot be opened and I don't understand why. I tried with

filename= "prova.txt"
fid=fopen(filename, "r")

but the fid=-1 so it cannot opened but why? the txt file contains numbers
with 3 decimal numbers

Could you help me please? maybe the format of the numbers? I missed some
package while downloading Octave?

Thank you really so mch,

Federica