Re: DSP - pattern search

From: Marius Roets
Subject: Re: DSP - pattern search
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 08:14:34 +0200

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 7:35 PM, Bob Odom <address@hidden> wrote:

I am in no way and expert in this area, but this sounds like a wavelet
problem to me. I think there is a wavelet package for octave.

I couldn't find one, but I managed to get Wavelab (for Matlab) working in Octave without too much trouble. Unlike Fourier analysis, wavelet analysis can tell where in the data you find which frequency components. I would guess it would depend on the underlying sequence you are trying to identify, whether or not wavelets would be appropriate,  but it's certainly an option to consider for this kind of analysis.

Marius