Installation troubles

From: Martin Gustafsson
Subject: Installation troubles
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 22:33:30 +0200

I am trying tomake a statically linked installation of Octave to be
installed on a NFS-drive to be distributed to many clients in our
network. I have installed all the required libraries reported by the
configure script. Only some warnings. When tried to compile on a RHEL
5.5 x86-64 it aborts with different errors depending on version.

With version 3.4.0 and 3.3.53 I get the following

DLD-FUNCTIONS/urlwrite.cc: In member function ‘string_vector
curl_handle::list() const’:
DLD-FUNCTIONS/urlwrite.cc:405: error: ‘CURLOPT_DIRLISTONLY’ was not
declared in this scope
DLD-FUNCTIONS/urlwrite.cc:412: error: ‘CURLOPT_DIRLISTONLY’ was not
declared in this scope
make[3]: *** [DLD-FUNCTIONS/DLD_FUNCTIONS_urlwrite_la-urlwrite.lo] Error

With version 3.2.4 I get this.
../src/liboctinterp.so: undefined reference to
`std::basic_istream<char, std::char_traits<char> >::ignore()'
../src/liboctinterp.so: undefined reference to `__cxa_get_exception_ptr'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [octave] Error 1

With version 3.0.5 and 2.9.9 I get this:
ls-hdf5.cc:752: error: at this point in file
/usr/include/H5Dpublic.h:95: error: too few arguments to function
‘hid_t H5Dcreate2(hid_t, const char*, hid_t, hid_t, hid_t, hid_t,
hid_t)’
ls-hdf5.cc:766: error: at this point in file
make[2]: *** [pic/ls-hdf5.o] Error 1

Beacuse I am trying to make a NFS-installation for many clents, I have
also tried to extract the CentOS rpm on the NFS-dive, made a
startscipt with a LD_LIBRARY_PATH and then pointed to the binary. It
starts but does not work very well. Plot-function did not work for
example.

I have also tried to install the rpm with a --relocate flag, but it
did not work either.

Has anyone any idea how I can make a successful installation or
anybody who knows if there is a statically linked binary package
somewhere?