Re: Octave 3.4.0 for Mac OS X

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Octave 3.4.0 for Mac OS X
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 13:28:16 -0400

On 10-Apr-2011, Julien Salort wrote:

| Le 8 avr. 2011 à 21:19, John W. Eaton a écrit :
|
| > As I recall, there is a problem with some versions of flex on OS X
| > that can result in errors like this.
| >
| > What version of flex do you have?
|
| I wanted to do some additionnal tests but I can't bootstrap anymore. It says
"Cloning into gnulib" and then
| nothing happens.
|
| Am I the only one to have this problem ?

I see the same problem when trying to clone gnulib.  The command that
the bootstrap script runs to do that is

  git clone --depth 2 git://git.sv.gnu.org/gnulib gnulib

If I omit the --depth 2 argument, it seems to work.  I guess someone
should report this to the gnulib maintainers, or the savannah
hackers.  How git on savannah responds to remote commands is beyond my
control.

Once the gnulib sources are checked out, subsequent runs of autogen.sh
appear to work, and "git pull" in the gnulib subdirectory works OK.
It's the --depth option that seems to be causing trouble.

jwe