showing graphics from command line run

From: Yury Tarasievich
Subject: showing graphics from command line run
Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2011 10:28:54 +0300

Hi all,

This might be the common knowledge by now, but somehow I can't find the answer either in octave info or in list archives or in Google database.

How do I get the graphics (plot) window showing if octave script is executed from command line? I.e., the sombrero instruction seems to go through the correct stages (AFAICT from the `octave -V -x` output) but shows no graphics window.

-Yury