Re: octave3.4 won't compile with GNU Debian unstable

From: Eric Chassande-Mottin
Subject: Re: octave3.4 won't compile with GNU Debian unstable
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 13:04:29 +0200

hi Martin,

thanks for your message.

> You need the shared libGL library to link against. Do you have one of
> that packages installed?
> libgl1-mesa-dev, libgl1-mesa-swx11-dev
> they both contain libGL.so

yes, both packages are installed and libGL.so (and .a)
are available. I think the error message refers to missing
or incorrect symbols in this library.

locate libGL.so
/usr/lib/libGL.so.1
/usr/lib/libGL.so.1.5.071000
/usr/lib/debug/usr/lib/libGL.so.1.5.071000
/usr/lib32/libGL.so.1
/usr/lib32/libGL.so.1.2

> You probably need to call ldconfig after installation of the package.

I expect this call to be done by the package installation system.

cheers, eric