Re: Build failure: ‘floor’ is not a member of ‘gnulib’

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Build failure: ‘floor’ is not a member of ‘gnulib’
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 13:11:55 -0500

On 12-Feb-2011, Michael B Allen wrote:

| So there's a difference between libgnu and gnulib directories and I
| must use Mecurial sorces instead of the website tar.gz so that I have
| a gnulib directory (not libgnu) in which to run "git pull"?

In the Mercurial sources, the gnulib directory contains the gnulib
sources, pulled from the gnulib git archive.  The libgnu directory is
generated from the gnulib sources when Octave is built.

For the tar files we distribute, the generated libgnu directory is
included, but the gnulib directory is not.  But since I get the latest
gnulib sources each time I generate a tar file, it is current.  I
suspect there is a bug, but I doubt that just updating gnulib is going
to fix the problem.

To debug it, we need more details about the problem.

The place to report bugs is the bug tracker at bugs.octave.org, not

Things I would need to know are

  * What compiler and version are you using?

  * Precisely what command is used to compile Range.cc?

  * In your libgnu/math.h file, you should have some lines like

      #if 1
      # if 0
      #  if !(defined __cplusplus && defined GNULIB_NAMESPACE)
      #   define floor rpl_floor
      #  endif
      _GL_FUNCDECL_RPL (floor, double, (double x));
      _GL_CXXALIAS_RPL (floor, double, (double x));
      # else
      _GL_CXXALIAS_SYS (floor, double, (double x));
      # endif
      _GL_CXXALIASWARN (floor);
      #endif

    Does your copy of this file have those lines?  What are the first
    two lines of this block in your file?

Please open a bug report and post this information there.

jwe