Installing sundials-2..4.0.tar.gz in octave for windows

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Installing sundials-2..4.0.tar.gz in octave for windows
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 11:09:55 -0500

On 30-Jan-2011, Daniel Patience wrote:

| After downloading sundials I ran the following installation command in Octave
|
| > pkg install sundials-2.4.0.tar.gz
| package is missing file: COPYING
|
| so I took a file named COPYING from another package and jammed it into
| sundials-2.4.tar.gz then got
|
| > pkg install sundials-2.4.0.tar.gz
| package is missing file: DESCRIPTION
|
| Does anyone have a fix for this as it's also going to need an index, makefile
| etc.?

Hi Daniel,

The sundials tar file doesn't contain an Octave package, so it won't
install with the pkg command.  But it does have a .m file script that
can be used to install the necessary MEX and .m files with Octave.
Unpack the sundials-2.4.0.tar.gz file, then run Octave and cd to the
sundials-2.4.0/sundialsTB directory and run install_STB at the Octave
prompt.  That script will ask you a few questions, compile the
necesary files and then install the files in a directory you choose.

jwe