Re: Your software

From: Freddy López
Subject: Re: Your software
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 10:57:41 -0600

Dear Enrico,

Please check:

but, as pointed out Carlo, the best option is the R software; specifically: lm() function.

Cheers.

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 09:04, c. <address@hidden> wrote:

On 27 Jan 2011, at 10:44, Erico Matias Tavares wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am based in Europe, and someone in the US recommended me to use Octave for time series analysis. I know very little about math programming outside of Excel, hence why I would very much appreciate your input on whether your program can perform the following tasks, before I spend considerable time in understanding it:
>
> 1. Easily plot time series graphs
> 2. Import data (mostly in excel .xls format)
> 3. Perform things like normal distribution and trigonometric calculations automatically (eg in excel we simply type NORM() or SIN())
> 4. Also easily perform regression analysis (eg multivariate least squares estimation)
>
> Many thanks for your assistance
>

> Erico Matias Tavares

Octave can do all that quite easily,
but maybe you should also take a look at R [1]
which is an another free software tool specifically
designed for Statistical Computing.

c.

[1] http://www.r-project.org/