Re: font size and plot size

From: Evan
Subject: Re: font size and plot size
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 22:57:26 +0800

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 9:17 PM, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:
> Can you tell us what version of Octave you are using?
>
> Also which backend ? (gnuplot or fltk)

I am using octave 3.2.4 with gnuplot, I also tested the last octave
3.3.90+ with gnuplot. the font size appears too small for both.

I tried fltk on both 3.2.4 and 3.3.90+, but it seems that it does not
support "-depslatexstandalone" for print() yet. Maybe I had missed
something while compiling 3.3.90+.

> In either case, have you considered changing the fontsize in LaTeX?
>
>        https://engineering.purdue.edu/ECN/Support/KB/Docs/LaTeXChangingTheFont

I know this way, but since I have a lot of figures to plot, it is
unrealistic to edit each tex files by hand, and in this way not only
the x(y) labels, legends, titles, etc. need to be edited but also the
labels for the tics need to be edited.